If you are a regular hot drinker or you struggle with keeping your metabolism up then you are definitely missing out on the benefits of drinking cold water. Why you should drink cold water first thing in the morning is that it helps to rid your body of toxins, aids in digestion, and increases circulation. Here are reasons to make and stick with cold water.
· Improved Metabolism: Drinking cold water before bed helps to increase metabolic rate by up to 30%. This means that you will have more energy when you wake up the next morning and you will be able to do more things during the day. Hydration is extremely important when dieting, exercising, or any type of physical activity. Without water it becomes difficult to properly exercise as well as consume food without gaining weight. Water helps with hydration by providing adequate hydration and vital nutrients that will keep you healthy throughout the day.
· Better Breast Health: One reason that you should drink water right before you go to sleep at night is for better breast health. Our breasts need ample amount of milk in order to grow and maintain their shape and size. However, in addition to that they also need regular care and maintenance in order to maintain their youthful appearance. Regular washing and flossing will aid in reducing the bacteria and oils from your skin that may block the flow of milk. A regular glass of warm water before brushing your teeth will also help improve your brushing performance and prevent clogged pores that may cause painful sores on the outside of your breasts.
· Cleansing Your Teeth: Doing your dishes before you get out of bed each morning is an essential part of good oral hygiene. However, most of us only brush our teeth twice per day. In order to eliminate the bacteria and germs that cause bad breath and plaque on your teeth, make sure to brush your teeth with water every day. It is not just enough to rinse with water; you also have to use a toothbrush in order to get rid of particles that may have been left behind when you brushed. Brushing your teeth with water every day keeps plaque from building up and promotes a healthy smile.
· Improve Your Brain Function: When you are tired, you cannot think clearly and your concentration level plummets. The lack of concentration can affect physical performance in many ways. Dehydration can cause your thinking ability to deteriorate as well, affecting everything from your motor skills to your cognitive processes. For this reason, it is important to drink plenty of water to help replenish your brain functions. Water helps regulate the levels of glucose in your brain, which improves your brain function and physical performance.
· Maintain Healthy Weight: The last of the reasons why you should drink more water is due to the effect that it has on your weight. People who are dehydrated suffer from poor nutrient absorption. This leads to decreased energy levels and makes it harder for them to lose weight. Being dehydrated also makes it easier for you to gain weight if you consume unhealthy foods, making the cycle of dehydration even worse. To combat this, it is important to drink lots of water throughout the day, both to hydrate yourself and to prevent weight gain.
· Sleep Better: Besides helping you feel better during the day, drinking water throughout the day can also help you sleep better at night. Most people do not get enough sleep due to the stress of everyday life. However, when you drink adequate amounts of water during the day, you are less likely to feel overly awake or too tired to fall asleep. This can have a positive effect on your sleep patterns, allowing you to get the rest that you need. If you are struggling to get to sleep at night, try drinking more water before bed. A person with insomnia will often be dehydrated at night. They will drink more water to re-hydrate themselves during their sleep cycle. The lack of water during sleep will often cause exhaustion during the day.
Although there may be health benefits to drinking lots of water, these benefits come only after you have provided your body with an adequate amount of hydration. In particular, when it comes to brain function, one of the biggest benefits is that it helps you think more efficiently. As you may know, dehydration affects brain function to the point where it can create a significant decrease in your ability to process information. By using a water bottle or other receptacle, you can ensure that your brain stays healthy while you are fighting against a battle against dehydration.